Before addressing the cracked corners of mouth treatment it is important to know the basic cause of this disease. Angular Chelitis or Chapped Lips Cheilitis or Cracked Corners Of Mouth is an infection caused by fungus or bacterial growth around the recesses because of the accumulation of saliva in the mouth. This infection is cause by either bacteria or fungus. The bacteria responsible for this called Staphylococcal, while the fungus liable for this skin condition is known Candida Albicans.
- People with excessive saliva have more chances of developing angular cheillitis. Because saliva creates an ideal environment for the breeding of these micros (bacteria and fungus).
- Another group of people who can become an easy victim of this condition are those with insufficiency of vitamin B 12 and vitamin B9. As these two vitamins are the building blocks of strong immune system so if you have insufficient of these two important vitamins your body is more vulnerable to this skin condition.
- Some people who special type of allergies such as allergies to lipstick
- Wearing poorly fitting dentures
- Adverse weather and allergic agent in environment
- Application of cosmetics and toothpaste
- Licking of Lips
Following folks have more chances of angular cheilitis;
- People suffering from diabetes
- Those wearing poorly fitted braces or dentures
- People with deficiency in zinc, iron,and folate, B3 (niacin), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine) and B12 (cyanocobalamine)
- Old aged people and infants
- Iron and riboflavin deficient people
- People with sensitive skin or allergic to specific things
- People working or living in environment where their neck or head are exposed to radiation
- Inflammatory bowels disease such as IBD or ulcerative colitis
- People suffering from psoriasis, acne etc.
Common Symptoms of Cracked Corners Of Mouth
- Redness of the affected skin
- Itching of the affected area
- Sever pain in affected area
- Sores and cracks formation in affected area
- Sores appearance on tongue
- Discharge of some blood along with pus with foul smell
Cracked Corners Of Mouth Treatment
In majority of cases angular stomatitis or angular cheilitis heals by itself without any specific treatment. You will find the following home remedies highly beneficial for healing your angular cheilitis.
Change in Your Diet Plan:-
One of the major internal causes of this disease is weak immune system to combat fungus and bacteria responsible for this disease. The people with weak immune system are Vitamin B12, Vitamin B9 and Iron deficient. So include in your diet food that rich in vitamin B12, vitamin B9 and iron. Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B9 rich foods includes;
- Dairy items
- Leafy green veggies
- As well as lean meats
Vitamin E Oil / Olive Oil
Olive or vitamin E OIL regular application is useful for treatment for angular cheilitis, it will keep it moisturized and also reduces the irritation.
If angular cheilitis is due to vitamin B deficiency then include following foods in your diet;
- Leafy vegetables
- Cauli flower
- And eggs in the regular diet
It is advisable to avoid acidic foods, citrus fruits and their juices and also spicy foods. Lips may be moisturized using unflavored lip salve or lip balm. Licking of lips must be avoided.
Regular application of following oil is also beneficial for this skin condition;
- Smashed garlic
- Ea-tree oil
- Palmarosa Oil
- Citronella oil
- Orange Oil
- Coconut oil
- Neem seed Oil
- Extracts of pumpkin seeds
- Chick pees
- Bazil nuts etc.
Aloe Vera Oil
Daily three to four times application of Aloe Vera oil is highly beneficial for healing your cheililitis condition.
Hydrate Your Body
Plenty of water intakes keep your body hydrated as dry skin can worsen the angular cheilitis condition.
Another affective remedy is the application of eggplant with apple cider vinegar. In this method eggplant is cut and soaked in apple cider vinegar for 7 to 10 days at room temperature. Then remove the eggplant pieces from vinegar and apply this solution three to four times a day for getting immediate relief from this skin condition.
Things to avoid;
Avoid following foods;
- High Sugar Food
- Food contains Yeasts
Castor Oil and Baking Soda
Another home remedies is a paste of castor oil and baking soda. Castor oil is well-known for its healing properties for different health conditions, especially skin related issues. In this simple home remedy prepare a past of castor oil and baking soda then apply it on the affected area for three to four times regularly for see its benefits, in couple of days you will notice a big change in your cheililtis appearance.
Goat Milk’s Yogurt
If you have rashes inside your mouth and you want to heal then goat milk’s yogurt is best home remedy apply it three to four times daily on the affected area.
Mixture of Tea Tree Oil plus Vitamin E plus Vaseline
In this method you can make a mixture of tea tree oil, vitamin E and Vaseline and then apply it 3 to 4 times daily on the affected area, sore will disappear in quick span of time.