Chapped Lips Cheilitis or Angular Cheilitis is basically a skin condition that can affect one or both corners of the mouth. It is painful and inflamed and some cases even have pus with foul smell and bleeding. The pain is more intense during talking and eating. This skin condition is caused by either bacteria or fungus. The bacterium responsible for this condition is called Staphylococcal. While the fungus is called Candida Albicans. Other words used for cheilitis are perlech, cheilosis, chapped lips & angular stomatitis etc.
***<<< Best Natural and Holistic Program For Healing Angular Cheilitis By Jason White>>>****
Angular Chilitis is not a disease but it is actually a symptom of something else. It is not gender and age specific; anyone can be affected by this condition. This skin condition will not spread beyond the corner of the mouth but only in case if it is left untreated for long time.
Symptoms Chapped Lips Cheilitis
- Cracking / swelling at the corners of the lips
- Itching of the affected area
- Redness of the affected skin
- Sores and cracks formation in affected area
- Sever pain in affected area
- Sores appearance on tongue
- Dry, chapped lips around the corners of the mouth
- Discharge of some blood along with pus with foul smell
Causes of Chapped Lips Cheilitis
There is not specific cause of this skin condition but it may be due to skin stay wet and moist for too long time.
- All those folks who have excessive saliva are more prone to developing this skin condition. as saliva keeps the corner of the mouth moisty creates an ideal environment for these bacteria and fungus to operate.
- People with weak immune system can also become an easy prey of this skin condition. Especially those people who are vitamin B 12 and Vitamin B9 deficient. Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B9 play vital role in strengthening the immune system so if your body is deficient of these two vitamins then you are more vulnerable to this angular cheilitis.
- All those people are more prone to this condition who have some allergy such as lipstick allergy
- Wearing poorly fitting dentures or braces
- Adverse weather and allergic agent in environment
- Application of toothpaste or some other types of cosmetics
- People with deficiency in
- B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- B6 (pyridoxine)
- And B12 (cyanocobalamine)
- Infants & old people are more susceptible to to this condition
- Licking of Lips
- Diabetic or People with HIV
- Exposure to radiation
- Inflammatory bowels disease such as IBD or ulcerative colitis
- People suffering from psoriasis, acne etc.
Chapped Lips Cheilitis Treatment
Mind Your Diet:-
The number cause of angular cheililtis is the weak immune system. Iron, Vitamin B9 and Vitamin B12 is the main cause of weak immune system. If you want to get rid of this skin disease it vital to strengthen your immune system and supply your body with all substances which enhances the immune system strength.
Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B9 rich foods includes;
- Dairy items
- Leafy green veggies
- As well as lean meats
Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil Treatment
Olive oil or Vitamin E oil is highly effective for reducing irritation and also keeps the affected moisturized.
If you are Vitamin B deficient and you have this skin issue then the following foods are beneficial and will help to speed up the healing process;
- Cauli flower
- Leafy vegetables
- And Fish
Bad Foods and Drinks and Habits;
- Acidic foods
- Citrus fruits and their juices
- Food containing yeasts
- And also spicy foods
- Food with sugar
- Lips may be moisturized using unflavored lip salve or lip balm.
- Licking of lips must be avoided
The regular use of the following natural oils are also beneficial for cheililits healing;
- Ea-tree oil
- Smashed garlic
- Citronella oil
- Palmarosa Oil
- Coconut oil
- Orange Oil
- Extracts of pumpkin seeds
- Chick pees
- Neem seed Oil
- Bazil nuts etc.
Aloe Vera Oil
3 to 4 time daily use of Aloe Vera will speed up the healing process of this skin condition.
Plenty Water Drinking
Drink sufficient amount of water daily, keep your body hydrated internal reduce the flare-ups of it.
Eggplant is also highly effective in healing this skin issue. The method is quite simple add cut eggplant and soaked it in apple vinegar for 8 to 10 days at room temperature. Remove the eggplant pieces and use this apple cider vinegar 4 times daily, it will provide immediate relief from cheilitis.
Baking Soda & Castor Oil
A paste of castor oil and baking soda is also useful in this condition. Castor oil comes with amazing healing properties and is being used for healing different diseases. In this home remedy you make a paste of castor oil and baking soda and then apply it three to four times a day on the affected area for some disease. In couple of days it will eliminate your cheilitis completely.
Vitamin E, Tea Tree Oil and Vaseline Remedy
In this simple healing process you prepare a mixture of vitamin E, tea tree oil and Vaseline and apply this mixture three to four times daily on the affected area, the sore will disappear in couple of days.