There are different words and terms are being used for angular cheilitis such angular stomatitis, cheilitis are perlech, cheilosis, chapped lips. In this skin condition there is a split of the corners of mouth, wound like marks or lesions on lips, mouth and corners of the mouth.
Bacteria (Staphylococcal) or fungus (Candida Albicans) responsible for this infection likely live in the folds on the corners of the mouth of sufferer.
<<<*** For Best Natural Program For Angular Cheilitis: Angular Stomatitis By Jason White! ***>>>
Symptoms of Angular Stomatitis
- Cracking of the corners of the lips
- Swelling of the corners of lips
- Redness of the affected area
- Dry and chapped lips
- Blood discharge with pus and foul smell
- Pain and soreness
- Sore on tongue
- There are patches & blisters around the sufferer’s mouth area specifically on the corners of your mouth.
- Feeling of much pain during eating, talking or laughing.
- Bleeding on wide opening of mouth and discharge of pus with foul smell
Treatment Of Angular Stomatitis
In case of severe infection and pain it is best to visit your physician. Your doctor may advise you medicated ointments with 1% hydro cortisone to reduce the infection as well as the swelling. The medicine you GP advise will depend on your stomatitis condition, and case of your skin disorder. If your condition is due to some deficiency is such as Vitamin B12 and Iron deficiency then your doctor will prescribed you some medicine for healing the internal cause of this skin condition. Other situations in which it is better to visit your physician when your angular stomatitis condition becomes worse such as several attacks in a year, Candida infection, excessive bleeding, deep cuts, soreness.
However, there are also some substitute angular cheilitis treatments that are not expensive and freely available and here are some of them; the home remedies.
Home Remedies For Angular Stomatitis:-
If you are suffering from itching, soreness and pain of angular stomatitis then you can easily control this skin condition with home remedies, in following lines we will discuss of these for materially reducing your angular cheilitis symptoms and pain.
- Drink plenty of water for keeping your skin fresh rejuvenated.
- For reducing pain and symptoms apply a little of some angular stomatitis moisture such as shea butter and olive oil/ coconut oil, for getting more relief from this home remedy repeat this process after frequent intervals.
- Tea tree Oil:- this natural herbs comes with amazing healing properties and is used for treating many skin related issues. So you can use it for healing angular cheilitis as well. On the leaves of this tree there is oil comes with terpenoids. Terpenoids comes with antiseptic properties. So you can use this oil for getting temporary relief from cracked and chapped lips and other stomatitis conditions.
- Honey:- honey is a natural treatment for different health related issues. In this situation you can use honey on the affected area by rubbing it slowly with slices of cucumber. Redness and swelling is faded away and you will feel better.
- Petroleum Jelly: – another easily available home item you will find useful for healing this skin issue is petroleum jelly. Avoid petroleum jelly in case if there is already wound on the affected area.
- Weak Immune System: – people with weak immune system are more prone to this skin issue. Weak immune system is due to deficiency of vitamin B12, vitamin B9 and iron. If you are body is lacking these building blocks of strong immune system then include following foods in your diet; Dairy items, Leafy green veggies, Grains, Beans, Eggs, As well as lean meats
- Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil Treatment; Affective for reducing pain, swelling and irritation
- Vitamin B; if you have this skin issue because of vitamin B deficiency then include in your food; Cereals, Cauli flower, Leafy vegetables, Beans, Cabbage, Rice, Eggs , And Fish
- These oils are also beneficial for angular stomatitis; Ea-tree oil, Citronella oil, Smashed garlic, Palmarosa Oil, Orange Oil, Coconut oil, Extracts of pumpkin seeds, Chick pees, Neem seed Oil, Bazil nuts etc.
- Aloe Vera Oil; apply 3 to 4 times daily Aloe Vera oil for healing this skin issue.
- Baking Soda & Castor Oil:- A paste of castor oil and baking soda is also affective for healing angular cheilitis. In this simple remedy you make a paste of castor oil and baking soda and then apply it 4 to 5 times a day on the affected area. In couple of days it will eliminate your cheilitis completely.
- Eggplant: – Eggplant comes with natural properties for healing chapped lips. The method is quite easy adding cut eggplant and soaked it in apple vinegar for 8 to 10 days at room temperature. Then remove the eggplant pieces from the apple vinegar and apply this apple cider vinegar 4 times daily, it will provide instant relief from cheilitis.
At the end we will mentioned some bad things you have to avoid for fast healing; Acidic foods, Citrus fruits and their juices, Food containing yeasts, And also spicy foods, Food with sugar, Lips may be moisturized using unflavored lip salve or lip balm, Alcohol, Licking of lips must be avoided.