Angular stomatitis is a skin condition which targets the sufferer’s mouth and lips. There are other names are also being used for this health issue such as angular cheilitis, perleche, cracked corner of mouth and more. There are is no one obvious reason for this health issue. In following lines we will discuss the main causes or triggers of this skin condition. For controlling and healing this problem it is important to know the actual factors responsible for this condition.
Weak Immune System:-
If your immune system is weak you can easily become a prey of different diseases. Angular stomatitis also attacks those people more aggressively who have weak immune system. So if you want to protect yourself from this skin issue it is highly recommended to strengthen your immune system. Weak immune system is basically due to lack of some vitamin such as Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is a corner stone of strong immune system. So as curing and preventing procedure increase the intake of vitamin B12. If you increase the amount of this vitamin in your daily food you will feel a substantial improvement in healing process.
Iron is also very important for strong immune system. If your body is lacking this important element your immune system will become weak and you can become an easy victim of angular stomatitis. So it is important to increase the iron intake in your food, discuss this issue with your doctor and he may recommend you some medicine but food is the best way to bring your iron level to healthy level.
Badly Fitted Dentures
If you have dentures it is important to keep them clean and disinfected otherwise it will serve as breeding place for different bacteria and fungus which would cause angular stomatitis.
Other causes of this
- People with more saliva are more susceptible to developing cheilitlis. When the corners of the mouth remain moisty it creates a conducive environment for development of these bacteria and fungus.
- Living in allergic environment or adverse weather
- Allergy to some condition such as lipstick allergy
- People who are deficient with
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- B3 (niacin)
- B6 (pyridoxine)
- And B12 (cyanocobalamine)
- Old people and children are more prone to this skin condition
- People With Diabetes
- People with HIV
- Psoriasis or acne sufferers
- Licking of Lips
- IBD ( Inflammatory Bowels Disease), Ulcerative Colitis